So far, there are no drugs that can stop the progression of Parkinson’s disease. This means that the therapy must be adapted to. The therapeutic options in advanced Parkinson’s disease experts on the occasion of world Parkinson’s Tags will be available on Thursday, may 2. April 2020, on free reader phone.
Thursday, 2. April 2020 from 10 to 15 clock 0800 – 5 33 22 11
The call is out to all German networks free of charge.
The first symptoms of Parkinson’s disease such as slowed movements, Tremors, a small-step gait, increasing immobility, and muscle stiffness may occur only when the disease is already advanced. Its origins date back to years earlier: In the brain, nerve cells die, producing the for the control of movements of the neurotransmitter dopamine. At the beginning of the treatment, it is often to get the movement disorders with a single drug as well in the handle, the patients are symptom-free.
However, because of the progressing loss of nerve cells in the brain continue, it is sooner or later necessary to extend the therapy. However, there is no ideal combination – you must be found individually for each patient and adjusted continuously. With time, the combination of the drugs is becoming increasingly complex, the side-effects to take, and it is becoming more and more frequent motor complications. In the late stage of Parkinson’s disease, the question of possible Alternatives to this increasingly difficult therefore for many patients the ridge migration and its consequences for the quality of life.
Pump therapy or surgery?
Of the currently available alternative therapy approaches are two use a pump, the active substance bypassing the gastro-intestinal tract to administer. In the case of the apomorphine pump, a drug that mimics the function of the neurotransmitter dopamine is injected under the skin. A relatively constant can be achieved drug levels and phases of immobility or reduced. In the case of the second pump therapy L-Dopa &ndash is; the best acting medication for Parkinson’s – via a probe directly into the small intestine injected. The effectiveness of the drug can be extended and the effect of fluctuations is reduced. The third Alternative is based directly in the affected areas of the brain: Deep brain stimulation (DBS) will be there to give electrodes are placed, the targeted electrical impulses, and so movement disorders, such as, for example, for Parkinson’s disease Tremor reduce.
When and for whom pump therapy or DBS in question? What limitations in everyday life, I have to expect in the pump therapy? I need to take, in spite of pump therapy, or THS more drugs? To inform all the questions concerning the treatment options in advanced Parkinson’s disease experts on Thursday, may 2. April, at free reader phone.
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael Barbe; Consultant neurologist, head of the Cologne-based Parkinson’s network, a senior physician at the clinic and polyclinic for neurology, University hospital Cologne
- Prof. Dr. med. Candan Depboylu; Specialist in neurology, has additional qualifications in Special Neurological intensive care medicine, neuro-geriatrics and Somnology (DGSM), chief physician of the Neurological clinic Sorpesee, Sundern
- Prof. Dr. med. Rüdiger Hilker-Rye Village; Specialist in neurology, Neurological intensive care medicine, chief physician of the clinic for neurology Stroke Unit and early rehabilitation, Klinikum Vest, Recklinghausen/Marl
- Dr. med Pantea Pape; Specialist doctor for neurology, Rehabilitation and traffic medicine, chief physician clinic for Neurological and interdisciplinary early rehabilitation, chief Physician of the NTC Neurological Therapy center, Cologne
- Magdalena Kaminski; First Chairman of the German Parkinson’s Association, Bundesverband e. V., Neuss
- Friedrich-Wilhelm More Hoff; Managing Director of the German Parkinson’s Association, Neuss
An Overview of all the messages you get on aponet.de current.